To start our study on mobile design, let’s investigate what changes between screen sizes. Consider what’s added, omitted, and what formal design aspects have updates.
- Find 3 examples of websites that change from desktop to mobile (can be a separate app or just a website). Try to find ones that have a seamless experience on both, however, if you find bad examples, those are fair game, also. (limit to 1 bad example).
- Here are some things to observe: layout changes, type changes, hierarchy changes, use of location, hidden fields.
- Document your findings in a google slides presentation, dropbox paper, or PDF with screenshots and links to the websites. Have a couple bullet points for each entry.
- Title your slide document as “Firstname-Lastname_Comparison”
- Save your presentation to the homework drop in the week 2 folder.